TREUBIA: A JOURNAL ON ZOOLOGY OF THE INDO-AUSTRALIAN ARCHIPELAGO
Established in 1894, the Museum Zoologicum Bogoriense did not have any scientific journals in the early years. The publications of Museum experts were found in the journals Teysmania, Mededeelingen uit ‘S Lands Plantentuin, Annales du Jardin Botanique de Buitenzorg, Bulletin de l’Institut Botanique de Buitenzorg published by ‘s Lands Plantentuin (currently is the Research Centre for Botanic Garden & Plant Conservation). In 1915, the Museum Zoologicum Bogoriense published a specific journal named CONTRIBUTION A LA FAUNE DES INDIES NEERLANDAIS but this journal only published one number which contained papers on terrestrial and aquatic fauna. In 1919 the museum published the journal with a new name: TREUBIA after the name of Dr. M. Treub, the director of ‘s Lands Plantentuin who had vision to improve botany, agriculture and other natural sciences. During Japanese colonization, TREUBIA was published with additional name in Japanese words became DOBUTU GAKUIHO (TREUBIA). After Indonesian independence, it became TREUBIA again. We are now improving it to become an electronic journal (e-journal) so that it can be accessed more effectively.